MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoopn1.03 There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.

Hadoopn1.03 There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to continue.
[We get 'There is insufficient memory for the Java Runtime Environment to
continue.'
any time we run any job including the most trivial word count process. It
is true I am generating a jar for a larger job but only running a version
of wordcount that worked well under 0.2
Any bright ideas???
This is a new 1.03 installation and nothing is known to work

Steven M. Lewis PhD
4221 105th Ave NE
Kirkland, WA 98033
cell 206-384-1340