Zookeeper >> mail # user >> Re: Problem reading/writing data on new 3.4.4 cluster

+
Patrick Hunt 2012-10-31, 06:20
Re: Problem reading/writing data on new 3.4.4 cluster
Thanks,

Reverting to jdk6 fixed my issue. Interestingly, it still didn't work when
I had exhibitor and zookeeper on jdk6 but I accidentally ran zkCli.sh under
jdk7. Once I switched the client over to jdk6 it was fine... hope I don't
have issues speaking to the cluster from jdk7 servers?

Brett
On Wed, Oct 31, 2012 at 1:20 AM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> That's really odd. The client timeout means that the clients don't
> hear from the server within the specified time (2/3 the session
> timeout, or 20 seconds). However the session is established before
> this, so communication (localhost) seems fine in general. Your "/" is
> empty? i.e. you created a new zk, or did you create some znodes in
> this directory prior to running the "ls /"?
>
> I see that you're connecting the client to localhost:2181, what does
> the configuration of the three servers look like? (can you attach
> them?)
>
> We have seen some issues with 3.4.4 on jdk7, but I don't think that's
> the same thing here. You might try using 3.4.3 or jdk6 instead to see
> if that helps.
>
> Patrick
>
> On Tue, Oct 30, 2012 at 3:17 PM, Brett Hoerner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've created a 3 node Zookeeper 3.4.4 cluster (running under
> > Exhibitor, but that shouldn't matter). They come up, elect a leader
> > and seem generally happy. Exhibitor shows them as green and pings them
> > regularly with "ruok".
> >
> > When I try to read or write anything to them (from Exhibitor or from
> > zkCli.sh) I get a timeout error, though. I've attached logs of me
> > connecting to the localhost ZK and attempting a / to no avail.
> >
> > https://gist.github.com/12354d7488e2fe4a26e2
> >
> > How do I go about debugging this? I don't see any clues as to what
> > could be wrong. What other information can I provide?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Brett

+
Brett Hoerner 2012-10-31, 02:14