HBase >> mail # dev >> [question] command line to get replication metrics info

+
Demai Ni 2013-08-19, 17:23
Re: [question] command line to get replication metrics info
See what the "status" command calls in the shell, I would suggest following
similar flows.

Maybe you could also add to it, like a "status 'replication'" option,
instead of having a different command.

J-D
On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 10:23 AM, Demai Ni <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi, folks
>
> Looking for your kind suggestions again.
>
> I am working on a command line feature to retrieve the replication metrics
> info such as :
> replicationSource: ageOfLastShippedOp, timeStampsOfLastShippedOp and
> sizeOfLogQueue
> replicationSink: ageOfLastAppliedOp, and timeStampsOfLastAppliedOp
>
> The idea is to get the point of time info through either linux command line
> or hbase shell command, as a light-weight client interface, comparing to a
> completed(certainly better)GUI monitoring  package.
>
> I understand that hbase is using Hadoop metrics(
> http://hbase.apache.org/metrics.html). Is there an example that I can
> follow to retrieve such info, maybe need to plug in some code into
> replicationAdmin or hbaseAdmin?
>
> thanks
>
> Demai

+