MapReduce >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.0-beta

+
Arun C Murthy 2013-07-30, 13:29
+
Alejandro Abdelnur 2013-07-30, 17:59
+
Bikas Saha 2013-07-31, 16:33
+
Steve Loughran 2013-08-02, 13:29
+1 (non-binding)

* verified md5 of the source code.
* build the package from source code.
* run basic hdfs commands.
* run MapReduce example jobs(random text writer, wordcount, and pi)
over YARN in single node.

- Tsuyoshi

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 10:29 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> I've created another release candidate (rc1) for hadoop-2.1.0-beta that I would like to get released. This RC fixes a number of issues reported on the previous candidate.
>
> This release represents a *huge* amount of work done by the community (~650 fixes) which includes several major advances including:
> # HDFS Snapshots
> # Windows support
> # YARN API stabilization
> # MapReduce Binary Compatibility with hadoop-1.x
> # Substantial amount of integration testing with rest of projects in the ecosystem
>
> The RC is available at: http://people.apache.org/~acmurthy/hadoop-2.1.0-beta-rc1/
> The RC tag in svn is here: http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/tags/release-2.1.0-beta-rc1

> thanks,
> Arun
>
> --
> Arun C. Murthy
> Hortonworks Inc.
> http://hortonworks.com/

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-07-31, 02:45
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-01, 16:44
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-01, 18:30
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-08, 15:14
+
Karthik Kambatla 2013-08-13, 17:37
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-15, 21:15
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 17:13
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 17:13
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-16, 17:34
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-16, 17:39
+
Arun Murthy 2013-08-16, 20:44
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 21:55
+
Kihwal Lee 2013-08-16, 22:04
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-16, 23:22
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-16, 23:36
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-17, 02:20
+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-08-21, 01:09
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-21, 02:27
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-08-21, 08:36
+
Stack 2013-08-21, 00:35
+
Colin McCabe 2013-08-21, 20:25
+
Stack 2013-08-21, 22:49
+
Colin McCabe 2013-08-22, 17:08
+
Jason Lowe 2013-08-21, 22:54
+
Siddharth Seth 2013-08-21, 20:27
+
Hitesh Shah 2013-08-21, 23:25
+
Bikas Saha 2013-08-22, 20:30
+
Rob Parker 2013-08-22, 17:53
+
Steve Loughran 2013-08-22, 20:39
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-08-25, 19:38
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-08-19, 21:49
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-19, 22:52
+
Sandy Ryza 2013-08-19, 22:50