HBase >> mail # dev >> [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal

+
Stack 2011-09-02, 18:06
+
Doug Meil 2011-09-02, 18:33
+
Gary Helmling 2011-09-02, 18:40
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-09-02, 19:09
+
Joey Echeverria 2011-09-02, 19:30
+
Ted Yu 2011-09-02, 19:37
+
Joey Echeverria 2011-09-02, 19:40
+
Andrew Purtell 2011-09-03, 02:06
+
Gary Helmling 2011-09-02, 19:55
+
Andrew Purtell 2011-09-03, 02:13
+
Stack 2011-09-03, 05:17
+
Bernd Fondermann 2011-09-03, 07:00
+
Ryan Rawson 2011-09-03, 07:17
+
Bernd Fondermann 2011-09-03, 07:55
+
Ryan Rawson 2011-09-03, 09:19
+
Doug Meil 2011-09-03, 13:40
+
Stack 2011-09-03, 20:21
+
Andrew Purtell 2011-09-04, 10:22
+
Stack 2011-09-04, 22:34
+
Gary Helmling 2011-09-06, 19:02
+
Duane Moore 2011-09-06, 16:21
+
Ted Dunning 2011-09-06, 16:31
+
Stack 2011-09-06, 16:58
+
Andrew Purtell 2011-09-09, 18:50
+
Bradford Stephens 2011-09-09, 19:24
+
Amandeep Khurana 2011-09-09, 20:28
+
Andrew Purtell 2011-09-03, 10:11
+
Bernd Fondermann 2011-09-02, 20:01
+
Mathias Herberts 2011-09-02, 20:24
+
Doug Meil 2011-09-02, 20:29
+
Bernd Fondermann 2011-09-03, 06:49
+
Eric Charles 2011-09-03, 19:46
+
Stack 2011-09-03, 20:23
+
Bill de hÓra 2011-09-03, 23:16
+
Stack 2011-09-04, 02:54
+
Mathias Herberts 2011-09-04, 06:43
+
Ryan Rawson 2011-09-04, 06:49
+
Bill 2011-09-05, 21:06
Re: [DISCUSSION] Accumulo, another BigTable clone, has shown up on Apache Incubator as a proposal
The Accumulo implementation of the WAL is a separate set of daemons.
When you write to the WAL, you send your transactions to three of the
logging servers. When you do a recovery, I believe one of the three
servers that has the WAL for the down server copies it to HDFS and
then a MapReduce job splits the log and re-inserts the recovered data.
You should have the same survivability that you get with HDFS.

-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.