Hadoop >> mail # general >> [RESULT] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5

+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-14, 17:07
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-14, 17:40
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-14, 18:04
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-14, 18:10
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-14, 18:22
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-14, 18:52
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-15, 07:45
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 09:17
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-05-15, 16:31
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 08:20
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-15, 16:50
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-15, 17:39
+
sanjay Radia 2013-05-15, 04:16
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 01:45
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-15, 05:47
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-17, 01:23
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-17, 04:10
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-15, 00:50
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-15, 05:09
+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-05-14, 21:39
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-14, 18:08
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-14, 18:12
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-14, 17:26
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-14, 20:15
Re: [RESULT] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5
Vinod,

Steve explicitly marked his vote as non-binding.
I counted it as such.

Thanks,
--Konst
On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The vote count is wrong:
>
> 6 binding +1s
> 5 binding -1s
> 4 non-binding +1s
> 2 non-binding -1s.
>
> I think you mis-counted stevel, whose vote is binding.
>
> On May 14, 2013, at 10:07 AM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
>
> > This vote passes with
> > 6 binding +1s
> > 4 non-binding +1
> > 4 binding -1
> > 3 non-binding -1
> >
> > Thank you for voting,
> > --Konstantin
> >

> > On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Konstantin Shvachko
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
> >
> >> Please vote on the following plan for Hadoop release 2.0.5
> >> - bug fixes encountered in current release 2.0.4-alpha
> >> - make all API changes to allow freezing them post 2.0.5
> >> - no new features
> >>
> >> As discussed on @dev thread
> >> http://s.apache.org/fs
> >> this will allow to stabilize 2.0 branch in a short and predictable
> period
> >> of time.
> >> This enables a powerful option to have the release tested at Yahoo
> scale.
> >> The plan is to follow up with 2.1.0 - the stable release.
> >> New features can and should be added on top of the stable release once
> it
> >> is out.
> >>
> >> Hadoop by-laws:
> >> http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html
> >>
> >> "Release Plan
> >> Defines the timetable and actions for a release. The plan also
> nominates a
> >> Release Manager.
> >> Lazy majority of active committers"
> >>
> >> assume nomination of a Release Manager with the plan.
> >> It would be really good if Arun continues if this plan is adopted.
> >> We can return to the RM topic if not.
> >>
> >> The vote will run for 7 days until next Wed, May 8th.
> >>
> >> Thanks,
> >> --Konstantin

+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-15, 06:09