HDFS, mail # user - Accessing list of blocks on a datanode via Java interface

Accessing list of blocks on a datanode via Java interface
Yaron Gonen 2012-07-06, 14:28
Hi,
I'm trying to write an agent that will run on a datanode and will scan
blocks on a that datanode.
The logical thing to do is to look in the DataBlockScanner code, which
lists all the blocks on a node, which is what I did.
The problem is that the DataBlockScanner object is instantiated during the
start-up of a DataNode, so a lot of objects needed (like FSDataSet) are
already instantiated.
Then, I tried with DataNode.getDataNode(), but it returned null (needless
to say that the node is up-and-running).
I'd be grateful if you can refer me to the right object or to a a guide.

I'm new in hdfs, so I'm sorry if its a trivial question.

Thanks,
Yaron