 From: Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2012 6:06 PM
Subject: [VOTE] Rename hadoop branches post hadoop-1.x

We've discussed several options:

(1) Rename branch-0.22 to branch-2, rename branch-0.23 to branch-3.
(2) Rename branch-0.23 to branch-3, keep branch-0.22 as-is i.e. leave a hole.
(3) Rename branch-0.23 to branch-2, keep branch-0.22 as-is.
(4) If security is fixed in branch-0.22 within a short time-frame i.e. 2 months then we get option 1, else we get option 3. Effectively postpone discussion by 2 months, start a timer now.
(5) Do nothing, keep branch-0.22 and branch-0.23 as-is.

Let's do a STV [1] to get reach consensus.

Please vote by listing the options above in order of your preferences.

My vote is 3, 4, 2, 1, 5 in order (binding).

The vote will run the normal 7 days.

thanks,
Arun

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Single_transferable_vote