Sqoop, mail # dev - High Performance Oracle Connector (OraOop)

High Performance Oracle Connector (OraOop)
David Robson 2014-01-22, 23:37
Hi Sqoop Developers,

I work for Dell Software (formerly Quest Software) where we developed a high performance connector for Oracle and Sqoop. As you may know the current Oracle connector in Sqoop suffers various performance problems - our connector aimed to solve that. It has been very successful and a lot of people are using it in favour of the default connector.

We have decided it would be great if all Sqoop users could get these benefits and not just the ones who download the connector. It will also make it a lot easier for people if they don't have to get it separately and it just works.

To achieve this we have decided to donate the connector to the Apache Software Foundation and incorporate it into the Sqoop code base. I believe this will have great benefits for all Sqoop users who connect to Oracle.

You can see the current code for the Oracle Connector here: https://github.com/QuestSoftwareTCD/OracleSQOOPconnector

Can you please let us know your thoughts on this.

Regards,

David Robson
+
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2014-01-23, 15:59