Hadoop, mail # user - Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.

Re: no _SUCCESS file in MR output directory.
Harsh J 2013-05-05, 17:56
I can think of a few, most obvious ones:

1. Job didn't succeed and/or the file was deleted (*shields self*)
2. Job overrode the default FileOutputCommitter with something that
doesn't do success marking.
3. Job specifically asked to not create such files, via config
mapreduce.fileoutputcommitter.marksuccessfuljobs or so, set to false.

--
Harsh J