HBase >> mail # user >> Starting Abnormally After Shutting Down For Some Time

Re: Starting Abnormally After Shutting Down For Some Time
Dear Manish,

I appreciate so much for your replies!

The system tmp directory is changed to anther location in my hdfs-site.xml.

If I ran $HADOOP_HOME/bin/start-all.sh, all of the services were listed,
including job tracker and task tracker.

    10211 SecondaryNameNode
    10634 Jps
    9992 DataNode
    10508 TaskTracker
    10312 JobTracker
    9797 NameNode

In the job tracker's log, one exception was found.

       org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException:
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SafeModeException: Cannot delete
/home/libing/GreatFreeLab
s/Hadoop/FS/mapred/system. Name node is in safe mode.

In my system, I didn't see the directory, ~/mapred. How should I configure
for it?

For the properties you listed, they were not set in my system. Are they
required? Since they have default values (
http://hbase.apache.org/docs/r0.20.6/hbase-conf.html), do I need to update
them?

     - hbase.zookeeper.property.clientPort.
     - hbase.zookeeper.quorum.
     - hbase.zookeeper.property.dataDir

Now the system was reinstalled. At least, the pseudo-distributed mode runs
well. I also tried to shut down the ubuntu machine and started it again.
The system worked fine. But I worried the master-related problem must
happen if the machine was shutdown for more time. I really don't understand
the reason.

Thanks so much!

Best,
Bing