From: Carl Steinbach [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 4:36 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re:

Hi Dean,

I think using a Linux VM is the current path of least resistance for Windows users who want to experiment with Hive and Hadoop. Cloudera has a CentOS VM with CDH4.1 pre-installed and configured that can be downloaded for free from here:

https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/SUPPORT/Cloudera%27s+Hadoop+Demo+VM+for+CDH4

More info here: http://www.zdnet.com/hadoop-on-your-pc-clouderas-cdh4-virtual-machine-7000003096/

Thanks.

Carl