MapReduce >> mail # user >> Re: Newbie Debuggin Question

Re: Newbie Debuggin Question
Hi Sai

The location you are seeing should be the mapred.local.dir .

 From my understanding the files in distributed cache would be available in that location while you are running the job and would be cleaned up at the end of it.

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: Sai Sai <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 21 Feb 2013 20:38:06
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>; [EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Newbie Debuggin Question

This may be a basic beginner debug question will appreciate if anyone can pour some light:

Here is the method i have in Eclipse:
*******************************

@Override
    protected void setup(Context context) throws java.io.IOException,
            InterruptedException {
        Path[] cacheFiles = DistributedCache.getLocalCacheFiles(context
                .getConfiguration());
        lookUp = cacheFiles[0];
    };

I have put a breakpoint at the second line and inspected cacheFiles[0] and here is what i see:

[/tmp/hadoop-sai/mapred/local/archive/3401759285981873176_334405473_2022582449/fileinput/lookup.txt]

I went back to my local folders looking for these folders to see if there r in here but do not see them.

Just wondering where it is getting this file from.

Any help will be really appreciated.
Thanks
Sai