Pig >> mail # user >> pig hbase; java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.protobuf.Message

pig hbase; java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.google.protobuf.Message
Hi!

I am trying to use pig and hbase but i keep running in to
classNotFoundException error. I have tried few things but they have never
worked.

I am using pig 0.10.1 and hbase 0.94.1, hadoop 1.0.4. I have updated my
HADOOP_CLASSPATH in hadoop-env.sh  as per this post [0]

After updating my classpath, when i do the command '/opt/hadoop/bin/hadoop
classpath' i could see the protobuf jar file in it.

Yet, when i run the pig script that loads from hadoop class, i keep getting
this error in the map tasks (Error: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
com.google.protobuf.Message).

Every data node has the protobuf jar file in its hadoop classpath. I have
also tried adding the jar file like this (/opt/pig-0.10.1/bin/pig
 /opt/pig_programs/testHbase.pig
-Dpig.additional.jars=/opt/hbase-0.94.1/lib/protobuf-java-2.4.0a.jar ).

I keep running in to this error.

Can anyone please let me know how to solve this issue ?
Many Thanks,
Kiran.

[0] -
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/pig-user/201211.mbox/%3CCANBTPCHb5+kFyew+[EMAIL PROTECTED]%3E