Accumulo >> mail # dev >> mvn install stuck

Re: mvn install stuck
Both of those are addressed with the profile that is activated with
-DskipLicenseCheck, so a dirty workspace will pass the check. The
focus was on being pedantic for the clean checkout situation.

We can add exceptions for those things that make a workspace dirty,
but aren't packaged, for 1.5. However, in the future (>=1.6), I'd like
to help make it easier to move away from the practice of dirtying the
source directories to run Accumulo out of one's workspace.

There is so much to maintain with all the svn:ignore properties set,
the exceptions in the custom assembly descriptors and RPM/DEB
profiles... it'd be better to allow running out of the target
directory (which is already ignored by almost all Maven plugins), and
use the default settings for packaging plugins wherever possible, than
to worry about maintaining all these exceptions.

Running out of the workspace can still be possible (out of the target
directories, or a dedicated top-level workspace directory whose tree
we ignore entirely), without all these exceptions to the rule.

So, with that in mind, I only added exceptions to the apache-rat
plugin configuration for things whose licenses are described elsewhere
(js libs), or for things where it misinterprets the file as text
instead of binary (splits, for testing), so that anything that was
dirtying the workspace would explicitly be caught. As I said, it can
be more lenient for 1.5 if you wish, but I think deactivating the
check with the -DskipLicenseCheck should be sufficient for your needs.

I'm still curious, however, why things would have gotten stuck for
you... getting stuck is very different than failing due to license
checks.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii