HBase >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] The 1st hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download

+
Stack 2013-08-31, 03:35
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-08-31, 11:15
+
Devaraj Das 2013-08-31, 18:23
+
Stack 2013-08-31, 22:17
+
Enis Söztutar 2013-08-31, 22:16
+
Stack 2013-08-31, 22:13
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-09-02, 16:41
+
Stack 2013-09-02, 17:00
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-09-02, 17:20
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-09-02, 17:51
+
Stack 2013-09-03, 13:06
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-09-03, 13:57
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-03, 19:56
+
Devaraj Das 2013-09-03, 20:19
+
Devaraj Das 2013-09-04, 01:17
+
Devaraj Das 2013-09-04, 01:30
+
Elliott Clark 2013-09-04, 03:31
+
Stack 2013-09-04, 00:09
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-09-04, 02:35
Re: [VOTE] The 1st hbase-0.96.0 release candidate is available for download
On Sat, Aug 31, 2013 at 11:35 AM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hbase-0.96.0  will be our next major release.  It is intended to supplant
> the 0.94.x series.
>
> hbase-0.96.0RC0 is our first candidate for release hbase-0.96.0.
>
> The signed tarballs are available here:
>
>  http://people.apache.org/~stack/0.96.0RC0/
>
> The hbase built against hadoop1 artifacts are here:
>
>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-126/
>
> The hbase built against hadoop2 artifacts are here:
>
>  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-127/
>
> Note that hbase-0.96.0 comes in two flavors; a build that includes and
> runs on hadoop-1.x and another for hadoop-2.x.  You must chose the hbase
> that suits your hadoop context.
>
> Almost 2k issues [1] are attributed to this version (counting fixes done
> against this and the 0.95.x developer series of releases).  Almost 100
> fixes have been committed since 0.95.2.  I will follow up w/ a synopsis of
> the major changes.
>
> Please take it for a spin.  We are interested in any issues found but in
> particular, we would appreciate feedback on how well the migration of a
> 0.94.x dataset to run under 0.96.0 works [2].
>
> Should this candidate become hbase-0.96.0?  Please vote +/-1 by September
> 9th.
>

> St.Ack

Its looking like Elliott has an issue to sink this RC but while he's
figuring it, is there any other feedback on this RC?  It would be good to
get issues now early so we can get them fixed before we cut he next
candidate.

Thanks,
St.Ack
+