HBase, mail # dev - Is it feasible to delete qualified tombstones during minor compaction?

+
谢良 2013-03-14, 09:41
Re: Is it feasible to delete qualified tombstones during minor compaction?
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-03-14, 13:51
You can try this out using CP, particularly if you use 0.94 and above.

Regards
Ram

On Thu, Mar 14, 2013 at 3:11 PM, 谢良 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Currently, all tombstones only get cleaned up with major compactions. I
> guess the original
> design probably considered that we need to ensure whether there are other
> versions of
> the deleted key in other storefiles which are not included in minor
> compaction? If that's
> true, i have a thought, maybe we could delete a bunch of tombstones per
> bloom filter, in
> other words, we can try to query the deleted key in other storefiles's
> bloom filter info to determine
> whether we can remove it safely or not.
> I am not familiar with compaction&bloomfilter internal, it's just a raw
> thought right now:)
>
> Regards,
> Liang
+