HBase >> mail # user >> MapReduce job over HBase fails

+
bhushan.kandalkar 2013-02-20, 10:26
+
Ted Yu 2013-02-20, 16:13
+
bhushan.kandalkar 2013-02-25, 04:57
Re: MapReduce job over HBase fails
Hi Bhushan,

Yes, MapReduce is supported over HBase for all releases in recent memory.

Please provide the relevant stacktrace of the error you're seeing. How are
you interacting with HBase from MapReduce -- for online reading, writing, I
recommend you make use of TableMapper, TableReducer. Be sure to configure
your job using TableMapReduceUtil. All of these classes, along with
examples of writing MapReduce jobs against HBase, are shipped in the
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.mapreduce package.

Are you able to interact with HBase via the shell (create table, put,
scan)? Be sure you've satisfied the prerequisites [0] for running HBase.
Specifically, I suspect DNS [1] and loopback [2] configuration
are pertinent.

Thanks,
Nick

[0]: http://hbase.apache.org/book.html#basic.prerequisites