HBase, mail # user - HBase in Mahout (for storing models)

Re: HBase in Mahout (for storing models)
Stack 2012-10-04, 02:47
On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 5:49 PM, David Arthur <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I recently got a patch accepted into Mahout (MAHOUT-202) that includes
> an implementation of their DataModel for HBase (aptly named
> HBaseDataModel). The DataModel specifies a means to store user ratings
> (preferences) for items. These ratings are then used for computing
> recommendations. Search for "collaborative filtering" if you want to
> learn more (it's really cool stuff).
>
> Anyways, I'm sending this out to you all to get some HBase-savvy
> feedback. Here is the JIRA issue
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MAHOUT-202

I read through the issue.  Seems like you did your homework David.
Good on you.  Thanks for adding it.   Hopefully it'll get used.
Running HBase standalone, I think you will might need more than just
hbase.jar and protobuf.  There'd be zookeeper, etc., stuff I' not
think already in Mahout.  Good on you David.

St.Ack