Flume, mail # user - YAMLException in the elasticsearch sink

+
Allan Feid 2013-06-10, 13:59
+
Edward Sargisson 2013-06-11, 16:33
+
Allan Feid 2013-06-12, 14:13
+
Edward Sargisson 2013-06-13, 16:13
+
Allan Feid 2013-06-13, 17:11
+
Allan Feid 2013-06-13, 19:33
+
Edward Sargisson 2013-06-12, 16:14
Re: YAMLException in the elasticsearch sink
Allan Feid 2013-06-12, 16:47
Edward,

Flogger is available here:
https://github.com/cloudera/flume/tree/master/contrib/flogger

I've forked it to accept multiple -t args, but it basically uses the legacy
thrift/rpc protocol to add events from STDIN. Both the file_roll and HDFS
sinks do not run into UTF-8 errors. The architecture is basically tail |
flogger -> local flume instance -> log processing flume instance -> { hdfs,
file_roll, elasticsearch }. I can send specific configs if necessary, but
it's all pretty standard as per the User Guide.

Thanks,
Allan

+
Edward Sargisson 2013-06-14, 16:06