Avro >> mail # user >> Schema validation of a field's default values

+
Mark Hayes 2012-10-20, 00:19
+
Doug Cutting 2012-10-29, 19:32
+
Mark Hayes 2012-11-03, 16:48
+
Doug Cutting 2012-11-05, 18:46
+
Mark Hayes 2012-11-05, 21:44
Re: Schema validation of a field's default values
We should probably follow Postel's law and be liberal in what we accept
during deserialization.  So we might more rigorously check default values
when writing even though that's not when they're used.  Most schemas that
are used when writing are also used for reading.