HBase >> mail # user >> RE: Hbase question

+
Rami Mankevich 2013-04-09, 17:51
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-09, 18:40
+
Gary Helmling 2013-04-09, 18:57
+
Ted Yu 2013-04-09, 20:25
+
Rami Mankevich 2013-04-21, 07:53
Re: Hbase question
HBase relies on hdfs features heavily.
HBase also  supports running Map Reduce Jobs.

You can find examples in these places (0.94 codebase):

./security/src/test/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce
./src/examples/mapreduce/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce
./src/main/java/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce
./src/main/resources/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/mapreduce

On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 12:53 AM, Rami Mankevich <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have additional question:
> Hbase is built on top of hadoop.
> Does HBases uses HDFS only of hadoop or uses Map Reduce Jobs engine as
> well?
> Thanks a lot!

+
shashwat shriparv 2013-04-21, 17:23