Flume >> mail # user >> logs jams in flume collector

RE: logs jams in flume collector
You can also add another HDFS sink on the collector. Make sure to give it a different file prefix and bind it to the same channel as the existing sink. You won't need a sink group for this as both sinks will pull from the same channel. I don't need 2 HDFS writers on my collectors under normal use but it helps when there's been a backlog for some reason.
From: Shangan Chen [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Monday, November 04, 2013 8:48 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: logs jams in flume collector

There're two parts in our deployment(flume-agent, flume-collector), we have quite a lot of flume-agents collect logs and send to several flume-collectors. There is no problem with the flume-agent as it can send as fast as the logs generated. But when the collector receive the logs, they always stick in the channel as the hdfs-sink can not write fast enough. So the problem we face now is how to increase the writing speed to hdfs. The attachment is our configuration of flume-collector. Thanks

several tips we've tried:
    increase flume-collector amount
    increase channel size and and transaction size
    increase hdfs batch-size