HBase >> mail # user >> hbase security

+
Rita 2012-05-15, 02:41
+
Harsh J 2012-05-15, 09:24
+
Rita 2012-05-15, 11:11
+
Michel Segel 2012-05-15, 11:21
+
Rita 2012-05-15, 22:35
+
Kevin Odell 2012-05-15, 22:37
+
Rita 2012-05-16, 00:40
Re: hbase security
On 5/15/12 2:24 AM, Harsh J wrote:
> HBase 0.92 has table-level security (among other goodies). Check out
> this slide on what all it includes:
> http://www.slideshare.net/ghelmling/new-hbase-features-coprocessors-and-security
>
> There was also a good blog post earlier on how to set it up, but am
> currently unable to locate it. I'll post back in case I find an
> archive (or someone else may).
>
> P.s. If you're making it to HBaseCon, you may not wanna miss
> http://www.hbasecon.com/sessions/hbase-security-for-the-enterprise/
> which also includes a tutorial (from Andrew).

Hi Harsh J and Rita,

You might be interested in a couple of blog posts from the old HBase
blog (hbaseblog.com). The site is gone but you can still see them on the
Internet Archive:

http://web.archive.org/web/20101031022526/http://hbaseblog.com/2010/10/11/secure-hbase-access-controls/

http://web.archive.org/web/20100817034022/http://hbaseblog.com/2010/07/21/up-and-running-with-secure-hadoop/

-Eugene