HDFS, mail # user - Re: HDFS performance with an without replication

Re: HDFS performance with an without replication
Harsh J 2013-09-15, 18:39
Write performance improves with lesser replicas (as a result of
synchronous and sequenced write pipelines in HDFS). Reads would be the
same, unless you're unable to schedule a rack-local read (at worst
case) due to only one (busy) rack holding it.

--
Harsh J