HBase >> mail # user >> is there any way to copy data from one table to another while updating rowKey??

+
T Vinod Gupta 2012-01-12, 11:37
Re: is there any way to copy data from one table to another while updating rowKey??
What version of hbase did you use ?

Can you post the stack trace for the exception ?

Thanks

On Jan 12, 2012, at 3:37 AM, T Vinod Gupta <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am badly stuck and can't find a way out. i want to change my rowkey
> schema while copying data from 1 table to another. but a map reduce job to
> do this won't work because of large row sizes (responseTooLarge errors). so
> i am left with a 2 steps processing of exporting to hdfs files and
> importing from them to the 2nd table. so i wrote a custom exporter that
> changes the rowkey to newRowKey when doing context.write(newRowKey,
> result). but when i import these new files into new table, it doesnt work
> due to this exception in put - "The row in the recently added ... doesn't
> match the original one ....".
>
> is there no way out for me? please help
>
> thanks
+