Hive >> mail # dev >> did you always have to log in to phabricator

+
Edward Capriolo 2013-09-17, 13:31
+
Brock Noland 2013-09-17, 14:27
+
Xuefu Zhang 2013-09-17, 16:27
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-09-17, 17:41
+
Sean Busbey 2013-09-29, 00:55
Re: did you always have to log in to phabricator
I do not know what to say on this, other then we are stuck between a rock
and a hard place. I would say we should just stop using fabricator all
together, but then again we already have two tickets opened with
ASF-infrastructure not going anywhere for months (moving our site to a CMS,
fixing the broken confluence to wiki publishing) so moving the process
officially to some ASF review board type thing might have similar issues.

What we might have to do is host phabricator ourselves like we are hosting
our unit testing ourselves. I do not know what else to say on this.
On Sat, Sep 28, 2013 at 8:55 PM, Sean Busbey <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Bump. Any update on this?
>

> On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 12:41 PM, Edward Capriolo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > I do not like this. It is inconvenience when using a mobile device, but
> > more importantly it does not seem very transparent to our end users. For
> > example, a user is browsing jira they may want to review the code only on
> > review board (not yet attached to the issue), they should not be forced
> > "sign up" to help in the process.
> >
> > Would anyone from facebook care to chime in here? I think we all like
> > fabricator for the most part. Our docs suggest this fabricator is our
> > de-facto review system. As an ASF project I do not think requiring a
> login
> > on some external service even to review a jira is correct.
> >

> > On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 12:27 PM, Xuefu Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >
> > > Yeah. I used to be able to view w/o login, but now I am not.

> > [EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > > this
> account

> --