Kafka >> mail # user >> Low latency topics

Re: Low latency topics
Hi Bob,

Currently the broker does not hand out messages to consumers until they are
flushed to disk, this means the flush interval acts as a lower bound on
worst case latency. Setting that lower should fix the problem.

This problem has been eliminated in the next release, as both the blocking
on flush and the fetcher backoff have been eliminated--this should drop
latency to a few ms.

-Jay