Sqoop, mail # dev - Formulating Sqoop Charter

Formulating Sqoop Charter
Arvind Prabhakar 2012-02-21, 18:00
Hi,

So far all votes on the VOTE thread to graduate Sqoop from Incubator are
+1s. Unless something unexpected comes up, this vote is likely to pass.
With that assumption, I wanted to jump start the next part of the process
which is to draft a board resolution proposal. Part of this proposal will
contain the following information:

(1) The initial PMC of Sqoop as it becomes a TLP, and
(2) The initial chair of Sqoop PMC.

For (1), the obvious choice is that the current PPMC will move on to be the
PMC of Sqoop.

For (2), we need to follow the democratic process of identifying who the
chair would be. For this, I will initiate a separate thread seeking
nominations which will be open for three days. Once we have all the
nominations, we will call a VOTE on them to elect the chair of PMC.

If you have any concerns regarding this, please bring them up for
discussion in this thread.

Thanks,
Arvind Prabhakar