HBase, mail # dev - hbase-6055 (snapshots) version in jira.

+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-09-14, 20:10
+
Stack 2012-09-14, 21:00
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2012-09-14, 21:53
Re: hbase-6055 (snapshots) version in jira.
Jesse Yates 2012-09-14, 20:13
That's reasonable to me. Also, given that HBASE-6055 is 'Snapshots in 0.96'
(at the moment), seems fine to make the association.

-Jesse
-------------------
Jesse Yates
@jesse_yates
jyates.github.com
On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 1:10 PM, Jonathan Hsieh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> We've started (or will very soon start) committing patches to a github repo
> for the snapshot branch (https://github.com/jyates/hbase/tree/snapshots,
> likely other forks coming).  I've added a component for snapshots to the
> jira.  I'm considering adding a version  (likely the 'hbase-6055'
> version/branch) so that when snapshot sub-issues get committed to the
> branch,  we resolve with that fix version and not have to worry about
> muddling the main '0.96' release version until it is merged in.   If for
> some reason if this doesn't make 0.96, we wouldn't have to do a jira
> cleanup pass.  If it does, we just add the 0.96 fix version to all those
> issues.
>
> Does this seem ok?  Does the name I'm suggesting seem good?  (I considered
> 'snapshots' but this is confusing IMO because of SNAPSHOT versions and I
> didn't want to tie it to a particular version).
>
> Thanks,
> Jon.
>
> --
> // Jonathan Hsieh (shay)