Sqoop, mail # user - Mapping of relational tables and join keys to HBase

Mapping of relational tables and join keys to HBase
Saiph Kappa 2013-12-18, 18:08
Hi,

Can anyone tell me how sqoop maps relational keys to hbase keys?

For instance, in mysql, if I have table Location with columns id, address,
city, country, where the last two are foreign keys to tables City and
Country, how is this mapped to HBase? Will we still have a table City and
Country?

Or, if we have tables Consumer, Provider, and Transaction (which is just to
join the other two tables when a transaction happens), how is this
situation mapped to hbase (in terms of tables and generated keys).

Thanks.
+
Abraham Elmahrek 2013-12-18, 21:01
+