Hadoop, mail # dev - Need help to get subscribe

Re: Need help to get subscribe
Steve Loughran 2011-11-22, 11:23
On 17/11/11 17:28, SATYAJIT RAKSHIT wrote:
> Hi,
>    I am a java developer and want to contribute to Hadoop Common project.
> Please let me if anything needed to get into the project as developer role.
>
> Thanks
> Satyajit

If you are on this mailing list you are now almost ready to contribute

-check out and build from the repository; trunk is where features get
added; branch-0.23 where the next release will come. Branch 0.20.x is
for backported bug fixes, branch-0.22 is for something between 0.20.x
and 0.23 whose future release plan is still indeterminate.

I'd go for trunk for anything interesting.

Get involved with JIRA issues, use the process of test-driven
development to replicate bugs as well as patches.

all your code should
  -be designed to make sense to any other developer reading it five or
more years from now.
  -be designed to scale to thousands of machines
  -not contain hard-coded assumptions about the underlying OS, network etc.

Welcome to the team!