Hive >> mail # user >> io.compression.codecs not found

+
Sachin Sudarshana 2013-05-23, 10:32
+
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-05-23, 13:43
Re: io.compression.codecs not found
Hi,

I'm not using CM. I have installed CDH 4.2.1 using Linux packages.

Thank you,
Sachin
On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 7:13 PM, Sanjay Subramanian <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This property needs to be set in core-site.xml. If u r using
> clouderamanager then ping me I will tell u how to set it there. Out of the
> box hive works beautifully with gzip and snappy.  And if u r using lzo then
> needs some plumbing. Depends on what ur usecase is I can provide guidance.
>
> Regards
> Sanjay
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 23, 2013, at 3:33 AM, "Sachin Sudarshana" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to run some queries on compressed tables in Hive 0.10. I wish
> to know what all compression codecs are available which i can make use of.
> > However, when i run set io.compression.codecs in the hive CLI, it throws
> an error saying the io.compression.codecs is not found.
> >
> > I'm unable to figure out why its happening. Has it (the hiveconf
> property) been removed from 0.10?
> >
> > Any help is greatly appreciated!
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Sachin
> >

> CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
> =====================> This email message and any attachments are for the exclusive use of the
> sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message along
> with any attachments, from your computer system. If you are the intended
> recipient, please be advised that the content of this message is subject to
> access, review and disclosure by the sender's Email System Administrator.

+
bejoy_ks@... 2013-05-23, 14:25
+
Sachin Sudarshana 2013-05-23, 14:31