Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Help a newbie on patch submission

Re: Help a newbie on patch submission
I believe the issue is that the Hadoop QA bot runs from a subdirectory of
the project root, i.e. hadoop-common-project, hadoop-hdfs-project, etc.
Your patch only changes things under hadoop-dist, so I don't think it will
work no matter how you format the patch.

For this particular JIRA (HADOOP-8241) you should just comment saying
exactly what testing you did. A reviewer of the patch should probably
manually apply it and test it out before committing it.

--
Aaron T. Myers
Software Engineer, Cloudera