Hadoop, mail # user - Hadoop vs Ceph and GlusterFS

+
Kurt Moesky 2013-12-28, 18:40
+
Charles Earl 2013-12-28, 18:42
Re: Hadoop vs Ceph and GlusterFS
Kurt Moesky 2013-12-28, 19:26
Hi Charles,

That is actually what we're doing, comparing the Hadoop file system to Ceph
and GlusterFS. Just looking for some input from the field as that what you
experts see as the strengths of HDFS over Ceph and GlusterFS.

Thanks,
Kurt
On Sat, Dec 28, 2013 at 11:42 AM, Charles Earl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Would it not be better to compare HDFS as the others are distributed file
> systems?
> Charles
>
> On Dec 28, 2013, at 1:40 PM, Kurt Moesky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi guys,
> >
> > I am working on a write-up of Hadoop, Ceph and GlusterFS and was
> wondering if you could chime in with some benefits of Hadoop over the other
> two?
> >
> > I know Hadoop is widely used by the likes of Yahoo and Facebook.
> >
> > Are there benefits in scaling, management (I like the Ambari interface)
> etc?
> >
> > Thanks.

+
Charles Woerner 2013-12-28, 19:52