Hadoop >> mail # general >> [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset

Re: [DISCUSS] Hadoop Security Release off Yahoo! patchset
On Mon, Aug 23, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> In the interim I'd like to propose we push a hadoop-0.20-security release
> off the Yahoo! patchset (http://github.com/yahoo/hadoop-common). This will
> ensure the community benefits from all the work done at Yahoo! for over 12
> months *now*, and ensures that we do not have to wait until hadoop-0.22
> which has all of these patches.

Sounds good to me.  What will this release be called?  hadoop-0.20.3-security?

>  Conceivably, one could imagine a Hadoop Security + Append release soon
> after.

Well, it'd probably be better if we just did an append release first?
A good few of us have been banging on the 0.20-append branch w/ a
while now and its for sure doing append better than 0.20 did (smile).

St.Ack