Accumulo, mail # dev - client config files

Re: client config files
Christopher 2013-08-02, 18:29
The overlap is only a conceptual overlap, not an implementation one.
Servers use HdfsZooInstance, which reads the xml configuration file,
and read the instanceId out of HDFS. Clients have ZooKeeperInstance,
which requires user input and gets the instanceId from an a convenient
pointer in ZK. Even if this were changed slightly to get either the
alias or the instanceID directly from a client configuration file, it
still wouldn't be quite the same, because we don't expect clients to
use the xml configuration file at all.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii