Hadoop >> mail # general >> No svn revision corresponding to hadoop-0.23.0-src.tar.gz contents?

Re: No svn revision corresponding to hadoop-0.23.0-src.tar.gz contents?
On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 3:32 PM, Arun C Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Andrew,
>

> On Nov 22, 2011, at 1:43 PM, Andrew Bayer wrote:
>
>> Hi all -
>>
>> I've been unable to find a revision in svn that actually corresponds
>> directly to the contents of hadoop-0.23.0-src.tar.gz. The POMs in the
>> tarball all have <version>0.23.0</version>, but the release-0.23.0 tag,
>> everything on branch-0.23, everything on branch-0.23.0, everything on the
>> rc branches, etc have <version>0.23.0-SNAPSHOT</version>. Is this something
>> which could be fixed?
>>

> It wasn't clear at that time, so I used 'mvn versions:set' to create the release. I could go ahead and commit, Tom?
>
> I've documented that in http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/HowToReleasePostMavenization.

I think 'mvn versions:set' should be called (and changes committed)
before creating the release candidate tag. I.e. after step 4 of
'Updating Release Branch'  on that wiki page.

Cheers,
Tom