Hadoop, mail # user - mapreduce.Job jobID is null...

mapreduce.Job jobID is null...
Andy Sautins 2009-09-24, 19:40

   All,

   I'm trying to get the jobID ( e.g., job_200909150525_0112 ) using the new mapreduce API.  For an executed job the method job.getJobID() returns null.  Looking at the code it's unclear how the JobContext.jobId would be set.  The Job constructor sets it to null and it's unclear where else it would be set.

   So I guess my question is if I'm looking for the ID of the job that was run am I looking at the right place?

   Thanks

   Andy