Hive, mail # user - RE: jps problem

RE: jps problem
Ajit Kumar Shreevastava 2012-10-10, 08:43
Hi Bejoy,
Thanx for ur reply.
My jps command is also failed in datanode.

When I run command on master node:-->(java version is 1.6.32)

[hadoop@NHCLT-PC44-2 bin]$ jps
31791 NameNode
31937 DataNode
1292 Jps
32176 JobTracker
32309 TaskTracker
32086 SecondaryNameNode
[hadoop@NHCLT-PC44-2 bin]$

When I run on datanode:--> (java version is 1.6.35)
[hadoop@NHCLT-PC44-4 ~]$ jps
[hadoop@NHCLT-PC44-4 ~]$

Can you please let me know where I lag?
Regards,
Ajit

From: Bejoy KS [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 5:58 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: hive mapred problem

Hi Ajit

Is Oracle jdk used in your data nodes? If it is open jdk then I guess jps won't work. Also have you configured java correctly on DNs for the user that issues jps command?

The hive 'GettingStarted' on hive wiki is a good start off. It lets you know which all properties to override in your hive-site.xml.
Regards
Bejoy KS