Hadoop >> mail # general >> [ANNOUNCEMENT] Hadoop 0.20.205.0 release

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Hadoop 0.20.205.0 release
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 12:24 PM, Matt Foley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Friday 14 Oct, the Hadoop community voted ten to zero (including four PMC
> members voting in favor) to accept the release of Hadoop 0.20.205.0.

Once we pulled this release into Bigtop the first thing we discovered was
that datanode can't be started out-of-the-box because of the infamous:

I'm a little bit surprised it didn't get caught during your testing
since it shows
up right away. Given that its really annoying I'm wondering whether it
can be patched somehow in a .1 fixup perhaps?

Second thing was an unfortunate placement of the task-controller binary
that prevents having multiple arcs installed on the same machine. Other
than that -- looks good so far.

Thanks,
Roman.