I am writing a producer client for the v0.8 protocol. I have the wire
format encoding working, and much of the functionality works well.
However, I have made too many assumptions along the way, and it's time
that I figure out the answers to these things. Sorry for the 'laundry
list' -- most of them are related, and can possibly be answered in batch
- is there a particular expectation of polling frequency? (per topic,
per broker, etc.?)
- should a particular topic's metadata request only go to the "current"
leader of that topic?
- if such a request fails to receive response, is there a particular
- I am assuming that producers always push to the leader (feels like
it's in the docs someplace, but can't confirm)
- if the leader changes, what is the protocol for a producer? must the
producer await ACK from outstanding requests before making a change, and if
so, presumeably re-push those requests?
I'm sure there will be more, but this opens the door.