Pig, mail # user - image processing on a low level using PIG...Possible?

Re: image processing on a low level using PIG...Possible?
Ashutosh Chauhan 2010-07-26, 20:39
To add in bit more details: You basically load images as bytearray
type. Pig wont interpret it. Then you can write a UDF which takes
these bytearrays as input. You can choose to work directly on
bytearray or create image objects out of them, do your processing and
return bytearray back to Pig. You can further do other sql-y
operations on your images (like filter, group etc) using Pig
primitives which will let you leverage Hadoop's strength.
So, in short answer to your question is Yes.

Ashutosh