Hive >> mail # user >> question on hive multiple insert

question on hive multiple insert
Hi

I am reading on Hive's multiple insert syntax manual and wondering if it is possible to utilize join in any individual insert. e.g.,

FROM a
INSERT a.col1, a.col2 join b on a.col1 = b.col1
INSERT ...

Apparently, Hive doesn't like this query and give syntax error.

In other words, my question in general is, for multiple insert, can we specify multiple tables as data sources (of course, can benefit from one pass scan on only one table), or only one table from which the data can be pulled from?

Best,
Chen
+
Chen Song 2012-01-20, 15:56