Avro >> mail # user >> Avro RPC

Avro RPC
Very basic question but could one explain why one would choose Avro RPC over something like a simple restful service over HTTP?

The only thing I can think of is it adds a little more structure to the request/response and slightly more compact. Other than that, I'm drawing a blank. As far as the response goes though, couldn't you simply return an Avro message from a restful http service and have the client parse it if you wanted more structure?

Thanks for the clarification

-M
+
Connor Doyle 2013-05-29, 17:08