Bigtop >> mail # user >> Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 0.6.0 release

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Bigtop 0.6.0 release
[Bcc'ing announce@ ML]

I think one of the reasons - perhaps the foremost one - is that Bigtop
releases are trying to be on the front-side of the OSS development: we are
trying to provide the most advanced, latest available releases of the
components.

Needless to say - we are including only _working_ releases, that people can
rely on. Bigtop stack is a good display which exposes integration issues
widely and quickly.

If anyone needs to get Sqoop 1.4.3 back into the mix - given it works on
Hadoop 2.0.5 and YARN - it can be done pretty easily, thanks for the goodness
of Bigtop development model.

Hope it helps,
  Cos