Hadoop, mail # user - Is TeraGen's generated data deterministic?

Re: Is TeraGen's generated data deterministic?
Raj Vishwanathan 2012-04-14, 21:15
David

Since the data generation and sorting is different hadoop jobs, you can generate the data once and sort the same data as many times as as you want.

I don't think Teragen is deterministic.( or rather , the keys are random but the text is deterministic if I remember correctly )

Raj