Accumulo, mail # dev - One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?

+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 15:23
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 19:57
+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 21:29
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-06, 21:53
+
Christopher 2013-03-06, 22:57
+
David Medinets 2013-03-07, 01:49
+
Billie Rinaldi 2013-03-06, 20:18
+
David Medinets 2013-03-06, 20:20
Re: One of Checkstyle's rules is 'no spaces at end of line', anyone upset if I update the code (1.6) to follow it?
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 15:44
On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 10:23 AM, David Medinets
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I have a free day due to snowfall and while this is a fairly silly
> rule, writing a short script to rule all the java files through sed
> should be fairly painless. As part of this change, I will commit a
> one-rule checkstyle.xml file which just runs this 'no spaces at end of
> line' rule. Over time, more rules can be added to that align with the
> Accumulo community's style guidelines.
>
> Any objection?

Whats the benefit of doing this?  How will it impact merges from 1.5
to 1.6?  Should this be done for thrift generated code?
+
John Vines 2013-03-07, 15:49
+
Keith Turner 2013-03-07, 15:57