Hadoop, mail # dev - maven setting of version of protocol buffer

maven setting of version of protocol buffer
yiyu jia 2013-01-17, 14:34
Hi,

I noticed that I always get error message which says there is no
Parser.class found in protocbuffer. Aftter checking, I found that is
because there is no version info about protocbuff in POM file. So, Maven
always try to download old version of protocbuffer though I build the
lastest one and install it in local maven repository already. And the
default version Maven downloaded has no Parser.class .

I solve the issue by adding version info of protocbuffer in POM files.
However, I think there should be a better way to solve this. anybody can
show me how to get reqired version of protocbuff without changing POM files?

thanks and reggards,

Yiyu
+
Colin McCabe 2013-01-17, 19:00