HBase >> mail # dev >> DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96

Re: DISCUSS : HFile V3 proposal for tags in 0.96
Like Ted and St.Ack, I read all of this with a great interest and
everything looked good to me.

My only concern will be performance wise.  Even if tags are disabled, di
you forsee some performances impacts because everything will now need to be
tag aware? Based on your details, I think it will be, but very minimal, or
almost invisible, correct?

Also, for migrations from v2 to v3, if v3 is activated, that will be simply
done when HFilea will be written, correct? So not really any migration
process required?

JM